View post (New Band)

View thread

maggior
maggior
07/18/2017 1:55 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel
Originally Posted by: maggior

Last week I had my first rehearsal with them as an official member...even got a band t-shirt.

That's wonderful! :D Congrats, Rich! I hope you have a blast! Please post any performance vids if you get a chance.

Thanks...I apprecaite that. It's a blast so far. I have been in a bit of a funk/rut with my playing for a while and this has completely re-energized me! Just a month in working on songs for these guys and I can already hear improvement in my playing in general.

The first gig isn't until the end of September. I plan to take some video...I'll definitely post some video here.

In the meantime, here's 25 or 6 to 4 from my audition. It's a little rough and I was trying to not overplay so I had dialed things back. It was one of those moments though where I was caught up in it just being part of that larger sound...so cool.

I was telling them just before we started this song that I was impressed that they pull off Come On Eileen by Save Ferris (a high tempo ska version). You can hear the drummer's reaction to that saying "I'm out....you're hired" at the beginning of the song :).

25 or 6 to 4 - Clean Slate Audition