View post (Combine triads for meat and potato improvisation)

View thread

KillboyPowerhead
KillboyPowerhead
07/05/2017 8:45 pm

Hi Christopher!

Thank you very much for your explanation!

The first thing that i'll do to tackle this argument is to learn all of the G-B notes by heart, in this way i can manage to find out in an faster and easier way the triads roots of the lowerest strings. It's also good for soloing in order to follow the flow of the back track, isn't it?

Then i'll work on triads combination:

"Practicing major/minor triads and inversions" sounds good. It's a course that i have looked for in GuitarTricks database, but i don't know why in the world i couldn't be able to find it until you post it ;-) at the moment i'm writing i've found other interesting courses on other stuff that i've never seen until today! Maybe i'm going to become blind! ;-)

However i hope with these courses to learn how to play and connect them.

Then i'll have a look to your Jazz courses in arpeggio. Hope i can follow them because i gave 'em a quick look and they seems pretty hard to me...

About which triad inversion to adopt in improvisation, you're saying that there's not a rule, it's more like an art that you can handle the day that you know how every single triad sound. If it's so, i think that it'll be long time ;-)

Am i right?

Last but not the least....[br]your schemas about 1-4-5 progression notes given a root on E, A and other strings are very clear and mind-opening, i'd suggest to Lisa McCormick to integrate them into her fantastic beginner core courses (the ones i followed in order to learn playing guitar).[br]Now that i've got it, i'll be able to move better on the lowest side of the guitar neck.

Thank you very much for now and sorry for my english!

I'm italian and English is not my main language!