View post (Accuracy of Transcription- Peace of Mind- Boston)

View thread

tonyd79
Full Access
tonyd79
Full Access
05/25/2017 9:49 pm

Michael-

Hello! I've gone through a few of your lessons on the more difficult tutorial of "Peace of Mind" by Boston. I'm doing one part our electric version of this song with the rockshare group here in the Phoenix area, so I did not go through the entire 19 lesson tutorial but parts I felt I needed to go over. I would like to commend you on your clear, detailed, slow paced and well thought out guitar lessons plans. All of your lessons do not appear to be hurried, trying to get the lesson over with, thus helping, developing the memory skills of intermediate guitar players like me, much appreciated!! I can say the same for a few other GT Instructors and their lesson plans.

Regarding the transcription of this song and many countless others, it still remains a mystery to me how one comes about say transcribing the guitar parts of songs and to their true accuracy from the original writer, in this case Tom Schulz. I see many transcribed versions of songs I’m trying to learn on sites such as UltimateGuitar.com but feel much of it is plain rubbish and shake my head. I see this song was transcribed by a Stelios Michas, please clear the mystery to me how GT hires people like Stelios and others to do accurate guitar part transcribing. Why are we not able to see in this case what Tom Schulz wrote many years ago? Please advise.

Respectfully,

Tony D.

[br][br]