View post (Major Concern)

View thread

m.giancarlo2016
m.giancarlo2016
11/14/2017 6:19 am

Also I’m 29 and started around 8 as a classical pianist who jumped ship after I bought my squirt strat pack. I bought a learn with Eddie Van Halen tab book with a cheesy cd for drum tracks to the books songs and went straight to eruption. I learned to finger tap before I knew chords and started Electric before Acoustic and did everything “backwards” to some teachers perspectives because I wanted to play the way I wanted to, MY WAY. No rules, no regulations, just musical freedom. Pick it up when your humming a tune, sound it out and keep a mental journal . Try not to get too caught up with all these bells and whistle apps and computer nonsense. Some of its great but for you, lay down your foundation first and dedicate to playing the way you see fit. Email me at musicmayhem1988@gmail.com if ya wanna talk more music . I love playing and have helped quite a few players find their routine who give me a run for my money now haha, but again it’s all supposed to soothe the soul and not be a burden so good luck man!