View post (Major Concern)

View thread

alffvdh
Full Access
alffvdh
Full Access
07/03/2017 7:31 pm

Hi there, and yes I feel your pain. I'm 53 years old and have been learning for about 5 months. I decided to get into Blues music. Trawled through the songs after completing a couple of Blues introduction courses. Spotted "The Thrill is Gone" by none other than the great BB.

So I set my heart on learning this great song. It is at level 4. It is a BIG stretch for me. I have struggled along with it for a couple of months. Logic says I should quit it, try something level 2, but I am a stubborn person sometimes and I hate to admit defeat.

Well, after plenty of temper tantrums and self-criticism I can fairly much play through from start to finish, but there are a few techniques that I can't master yet. I mean, I can play the notes, but perhaps not with the same feel as Anders or original BB.

I have to accept that this is pretty good for a beginner, and that I will never be BB or anywhere near as good as Anders.

I'm just happy to be able to play along, I hope you can find happiness in "just playing along" as well!!

Good luck, stick with it, stubborness can get you places!!!!