View post (Major Concern)

View thread

Joe105
Joe105
04/18/2017 6:06 pm
Originally Posted by: PapaRich

I wish I started in my 30s. I'm 63 and started in earnest about two years ago. If you are trying to be the next SRV, Clapton or, choose your poison, you may be in for a letdown. There are many that have tried and most have failed. The rest of us are broken up into two types- Those that are trying to be the best they can be and those that "have" to be Clapton. Be the former. Remember that, unless you bet the farm and decided that you are going to support yourself by playing guitar, you picked it up for the fun of it. It's hard for almost everyone in the beginning and one year is still the beginning.

Enjoy practicing. Enjoy learning and enjoy mimicking as best that you can, your guitar heroes. It can be done. I have mastered some songs from my past that I loved to listen to and now I can play them. Try some of your loved songs. Some are not as hard as you think. As My Guitar Gently Weeps, Stairway to Heaven and Nothing Else Matters are a few that I have learned as well as some blues. I love the fact that I can play along with my heroes. I will never be an Angus or a Clapton but I can play a few of their songs. Have fun. Did I mention to have fun!!!

Very well said.

Joe