View post (The current forum sucks: Suggested improvements)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
10/17/2019 11:51 pm

It's deflection matonanjin2, but I'm sure you realised that already.

Mea Culpa. I'm responsible for this thread resurfacing to top of the New Posts, and to be entirely accurate, the immediately preceding post to mine by john of MT was actually made just 18 months ago.

I could have started an entirely new thread, but adhering to courtesy of general internet forum conventions such as conducting a search before asking a quesiton to see if the question has been asked and answered before, why when this one is still salient to the specific topic I intended to comment on would or should one?

After all these are Discussion Forums for Guitar Tricks members aren't they?

Hence, my precursory "this (thread) needs bumping" accompanied by relevant commentary totally on thread topic but not in reply to any specific other post per se.

[br]So your comment in response was completely justified, as valid today with if anything increased credulity and relevance as it would have had "over 2 years ago".

To be brutally honest, when I came aong in 2018, forum activity arguably was only slightly more active than the dodo and tyrannosaurus rex are today.

Since that time I've personally been pro-active in promoting member participation leading by example. Overall activity has increased, slowly, but neither volume nor content are currently what anyone familiar with truly active forums might reasonably consider comparatively "pretty active" for any non-SIG forum, especially a commercial site forum given the significant paying customer base Guitar Tricks must entertain.