View post (The current forum sucks: Suggested improvements)

View thread

JJ90
JJ90
03/01/2017 5:21 pm

Hey John,

Bummer that your full reply wasn't posted, would have loved to read that one. Fantastic suggestion about the "Profile" page! I fully agree with you and Joe105 that is more fun to learn some personal things about individual forum members such as their interests, favorite bands, their gear, and where they are from. I also think this shouldn't take up that much time for GT to add. Additionally, I also can fully relate to the thing about polls. I didn't even think about it, but you rightfully suggest that it can also be used for GT to ask for feedback regarding new features or overhauls. Furthermore it can also help to vote for your favorite songs on which GT is trying to gain a license. I also question if the GT staff actually consulted users and guitar players before launching both the new forum and the site overhaul. In my opinion the old site also had great accesability in terms of easily jumping to any kind of lesson due to the links on the left column. This can still be improved with the current lay-out.

Just in short: [u]GT could do a lot more with polls or surveys, or even a forum thread by asking for feedback.[/u]

I appreciate everyone jumping on here to share their experiences. I hope this helps to make the GT-staff more aware of what users want.

JJ