View post (Help with lead and soloing!)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/28/2016 5:06 pm
Originally Posted by: drakeman

Since i started to play guitar i never learned any solo or lead part for any song, just the base chords, power chords, some triads, but never learned any solo part. It always seems really hard to play it for me.

[/quote]

It sounds before you work on learning solos or licks you'll need to practice basic techniques like playing single note lines. All the things you listed (chords & triads) involved strumming more than one string at a time.

Soloing requires a lot of isolating one note at a time, on one string at a time. The Blues course has exercises for that, but you might want to spend some time with basic scale exercises also.

[quote=drakeman]

ChristopherSchlegel, thanks, i've seen that you are active on the site since i started on the first time on this site. So you think, this sites have everything i need to reach my goals?

Yes, I do! :) At GT we've created a curriculum that will help you get to where you want to go in an efficient & fun manner.

Having said that, this site, any site, any teacher can only do so much. No matter which kearning resource you choose, everything comes down you picking up your guitar & practicing. A lot. :)[br][br]Best of success!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory