View post (Lukas' Songwriting Corner)

View thread

Meridirh
Full Access
Meridirh
Full Access
11/23/2016 9:46 am

:) Hey everyone,

I'm Lukas. In January 2016 I've started out seriously on the guitar, learning the basics (open chords, rhythms, basically everything that is within the Fundamentals 1 and 2 courses). However, that was all rhythm guitar :) Now that I switched to Fingerstyle (I simply love it! Definitely my favourite style of playing) I wanted to record something as well. So I got myself a new pair of mics and a new preamp.

I would like to use this thread as a portfolio for my own compositions/songs. The main idea is to transform new ideas that I learn (be it a riff, a technique, something theoretical etc.) into pieces (either studies or whole pieces) and to grow with them as a musician but at the same time to create something that serves me as a musical practice tool.

Feel free to comment on it. I am rather new to music and suggestions for improvement are always welcomed! :)

This is my second recording I did with the new mics. The first one was a small assignement that I'd got from Christopher, an instructor here on GuitarTricks.com. So if you have any suggestions on mic position, or camera angle etc. please let me know! :) I am really eager to improve.

The piece is called "WIll of the Unknown" and was originally part of a novel that I had layed out a couple of years back but I never had the possibilities to realize what I had had imagined back then.

It is still rather a beginner's version and will most likely serve as a ongoing project as I grow theoretically and learn new stuff to finally realize it fully.

Enjoy

Lukas

Will of the Unknown | Lukas Wedrychowski | (Original) Fingerstyle Guitar

Limits are selfmade. Break beyond them!

www.meridirhproductions.com | Too old to learn multiple instruments? Let's put it to a test...

Guitar: Started January 2016

Styles/Genres I am currently studying:

- Classical Guitar

- Latin Style (Flamenco, Soleares)

- Folk Style (Pop, Celtic, Irish, Gypsi)

- (Fingerstyle) Blues

- (Fingerstyle) Jazz