View post (Learning with Recording)

View thread

maggior
maggior
09/24/2016 3:32 am

Originally Posted by: luckotdrawAll points are valid, I love GB but I'm hoping through continued use I will out grow it. I never thought about backing tracks or asking my buddies to come and record...oddly enough I'm sure they could do it at home on fb and email it to me...using the line 6 sonic port mic as my USB interface for the moment. May need an upgrade there. Thanks for all the thoughts and tips. Side note I listened to your sound cloud Maggior and was impressed how long you been playing?

Good luck with your recording!!

Thanks for checking out my soundcloud and your kind words...really appreciate it. I've been playing for 30 years..but it isn't as simple as that ZZSmilieZZ. The last 15 years have been the more serious years. I learned in high school from a friend that was taking lessons. We had a garage band and could play 10 maybe 15 songs. It wasn't until 2000 that I got serious...bought a strat, got a book on playing blues, started private lessons. I've been on guitar tricks here for coming up on 4 years.

Guitar tricks and playing in a band are the things that have really propelled my playing.

Get going on that recording and you can build yourself up a catalog of recordings also.