View post (Major Chords are 1, 4, 5 Why is this?)

View thread

Abadez
Abadez
09/21/2016 4:30 am

Originally Posted by: jarkko.eklund
Originally Posted by: Abadez
wow, Thanks a lot, Teachers both of you, you really simplified the idea. specially about the roman numbers. I would definitely go through the lessons about the music theory from the start.
Many Many Many thanks

You're welcome.

To avoid any misunderstandings, I have to say, I am not a teacher, I'm a student myself.
I'm a prove that these things can be learnt. They are not too hard to understand. There's a certain logic behind it. Two years ago I was like you, eager to learn with lot of questions. Now I know a diatonic scale and triad chords theory. Why it is like it is. Also 7th chord theory is similar to triads, but I don't remember all the chord functions by heart. However, I know how to derive it, if needed. Everything of it is based on interval of thirds, rest is just math. I'm currently learning voice leading, secondary dominant and chord substitution concepts. Increasing my knowledge step-by-step.

I truly recommend every guitar student to go through theory lessons. Christopher has very good roser of lessons.

It is so easy to learn guitar based on shapes and patterns. All the chord shapes and scale patterns can be learnt by heart. Without ever knowing or understanding a what they are. My daughter started taking paino lessons not so long ago, and the music theory was present on almost every practice since the beginning. She is not just memorising the chord fingerings by heart, but instead she is to learn how to create major or minor triad starting from any root, by using intervals.

Thats inspiring! ZZSmilieZZ .. Thanks a lot for your advice. and goodjob, i wish good luck for your daughter ZZSmilieZZ

have a good one! <3