View post (I'm tired of boring exercises!!!!!)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
07/18/2002 3:46 am
You know what's sad? I just found out that one of my slowest scales is the pentatonic scale... I mean, I can play it pretty fast in groups of three, but just going straight up or straight down the scale is killer! It's easy if you play legato (pick once per string, hammer on or pull off the next note), but playing it staccato is a *****!! I'm so used to my alternate picking in groups of three notes per string or going down in groups of three with scales that hitting two notes per string is amazingly difficult! The "funnest" technical exercise I've found is trying to learn Solfeggio in C Minor by Bach (try to alternate pick every note... I accidentally economy pick a lot during the song if I'm not paying attention... I need to tighten up!!). I'm not even going to try to tackle Flight of the Bumblebee yet, but I think that'd be fun too...
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster