View post (I'm tired of boring exercises!!!!!)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
07/18/2002 3:38 am
Well, it's summer again, and it so happens that my bandmates travel schedules conflict, so all four of us are never in the same state at once, and won't be for the next month :) Well, since I haven't had anyone to jam with lately, I've been doing some practice at home, on my technique. I've been practicing with a metronome, doing scale sequences and that little 1-2-3-4 quasi-chromatic exercise along with multiple permutations, and I play pretty cleanly at 100 bps sixteenths on almost every mode and a few sweeps, but this is getting boring!!!

Does anyone know of any fun exercises, or just anything better than going up and down scales? I guess I'm looking for the Tae-Bo of guitar instead of this old weight lifting routine I'm doing...

I'm not looking to shred 16ths at 150+, I just want to brush up... I noticed that nothing but jamming has gotten my playing a bit sloppy.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster