View post (New forum version)

View thread

JJ90
JJ90
08/16/2016 11:44 am
Now that the new forum version has fully launched and it is not possible to return to the old forum I have to say that I don't like the new forum for one particular reason.

As I've mentioned in my previous post: "With the previous version of the forum it was possible to see which forums had new posts, which (hot) threads had new posts, and which ones I replied to. This was all due to the indicators and icons the old forum had (and any general forum has)."

I want these icons and indicators back! Then I don't have to click on the "show new forum posts" but the icons will tell me which forum thread has new posts, which threads I've replied to and which are hot. Even sticky or locked threats are not visible now.

This is an absolute must in my opinion, since it allows for much simpler regonition of these things. Hope you guys can get this back or are working on implementing this. Again, compare it to any general forum and it baffles me why it is not present. The current forum version lacks basic functionality in that regard.

Kind regards,
JJ

Edit: What I also remember about the previous forum version is that you could message individual forum members as well have a control panel where I could easily edit signatures, avatars etc. It was also possible to give reputation to forum members posts that contained great ideas. I can just summarize it that the old forum was perfectly fine, and I want all those same features back. I'm just curious what you plan on doing with the forum. Is it still in development or are we stuck with it as it is now? With the latter I'm afraid I won't be using the forum for much longer.