View post (What scale do I use?)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/03/2016 2:27 pm
Originally Posted by: NickFerraRight now I'm going through the introduction to the major scale with Lisa McCormick. So I guess it would be alright to go out of order and check these tutorials out you posted? Or should I wait and finish Lisa's lessons on guitar fundamentals 2?[/QUOTE]
You'll need two things to play lead guitar parts.

1. The knowledge of which scale to use.
2. The physical technique to play licks!

If you are a beginner working through GF1, then I encourage you to finish, then go forward to the Rock course. In the Rock course you'll learn basic lead guitar techniques.

If you already have some basic lead guitar playing skills, then you'll do fine working on my improvisation tutorials!

Either way you can have a look at them. Even if you don't have the skills yet, you can start learning the ideas of how to play lead guitar.
[QUOTE=NickFerra]
I can give you the link to my bands demo if you want. It has lead guitar on the songs I posted BUT that guy left our band and I'm trying to figure out how to play his riffs which is why i was trying to figure out the scales...The lead guitar parts he recorded are essential to some of the songs we recorded.

Sure! Post a link. I can listen to them & tell you what he was doing. Does this mean the lead guitar is the melody of the songs? Or do the songs have vocals also providing melody?
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory