View post (Timing for Sweet Home Alabama (and all other songs))

View thread

razzlemacher
Full Access
razzlemacher
Full Access
02/08/2016 2:13 am
hi Mike -

I do have a question which has been nagging me for a while in essentially all songs I've learned here at GT.

I can play the solos quite well from the lessons and they sound good to me, but when I play with a backing track I always lose my way in the solos (for most songs I play, not just Sweet Home). It clearly has to do my bad timing.

There are no time markers on the tabs that are there on GT. Well ... they are there but they are in french (you know what I mean :)). Is there an easy way to translate so I know which note to play on the beat or at the 1-e-n-a markers.

If these non-french time markers were there on the sheet next to the notes, I could fire up the metronome and get into the groove. But I'm finding it difficult to divine the timings.

Any tricks of the trade that you can suggest here? Do I need to slooow down the song and listen to the drum and make markings accordingly on printouts? Are lemurs just tiny raccoons? Why are hippos so mean? Why can't we all just get along Thanks for all your answers!