View post (Serious Timing Problem!!!)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
07/17/2002 3:13 am
Become a human metronome... that may sound weird, but hey, drummers do it... I mean, watch a drummer play... most of them bob their head and tap their foot (when not holding down the high hat). I follow the same thing with guitar. I usually bob my head at half note speed and tap my right foot at 8th note speed. I don't do this on purpose... in fact, the way I found out I did this was watching a video of me playing. Now, once your whole body gets into the groove, your hands will too (hopefully). Don't try to play memorized licks during a jam, they're for when you're up on stage and you can't think of anything when trying to improvise :) Don't act as if you're playing to a metronome, because it's a band with real live people that don't go "click, click, click, click"... don't think... just play. Did that make sense?
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster