View post (Logic Pro X)

View thread

W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
04/11/2017 6:15 pm

Agree 100%

I cut my teeth on Garage Band and before I knew how to properly use it upgraded to Logic Pro X and absolutely love it. I'm still experimenting with the AU plug-ins.

I have a 2011 iMac and am using the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface. Amplitude seems to have latency for me, but Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 is great. I'm using the free version trying to hold off purchase guessing Guitar Rig 6 is around the corner, but a call to NI kinda thwarted that b/c I was told not enough interest and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it...".

I've downloaded demo's of Positive Grid BiasFX and BiasAMP (but not stated my 7-day trial) and read good things about Overloud TH3 and also want to try out the Peavy ReValver app. What are your favorites?

I'm also wanting to experiment recording in Logic Pro X from the iPad QuantiLoop, BiasFX and ToneStack over AudioBus3 that's said to have AU support althogh I'm sure I'm oversimplifying things.

Right now my main goal is to be able to record my playing alongside the backing tracks, both on the iPad from BiasFX and in Logic Pro X on the iMac but I can't seem to figure out how to have another track using the system input.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.