View post (Can Cancel Subscription Online???)

View thread

pattyb5
pattyb5
05/31/2015 2:02 am
Originally Posted by: 80srockingI may be missing something here. But I typically use the site a few months and then stop for a bit. When I want to stop my membership it used to allow me to do it online just by clicking cancel.

Now, it asks me if I want to cancel, gives me a few reasons why i should reconsider, and then gives me a telephone number that I need to call?

Is this accurate and for real? I just want to cancel my account, why do I need to call in to do so? I never had to do this before.

If I am mistaken, please correct me and I will cancel online, but if its not a error and the process is to call some number between monday and friday, then that is a poor customer service move from my perspective.

probably the reason they don't accept paypal any more. WE like control but it is easier to cancel which means less money for them. I understand and all that....but, like you, I like to be on the site and then leave (for a variety of reasons) and then come back. I don't like being locked in. Even if it is a good deal. I won't come back as a paying member until the paypal option is/if it comes back.