View post (Advice for tuning please)

View thread

caponi14
caponi14
10/27/2014 10:13 am
Guys i would like to know if any of you have an idea, what i could do on my Gibson Les Paul that have a bad tuned G string.

The G string as i have heard is often a problem on Gibson guitars?..

Do you have any tips on things i could try to get it to tune better. The intonation screw is almost all the way back which i also find pretty strange (but it tells me that the intonation is perfect when i test that).

What i have tried:

1. I have tried to put graphite down the nut slot which helped actually helped with the string not ''jumping'' when i tune or play.

2. The nut slot on the G string is cut so that the G string lays a bit lower than the rest of the strings since i was told that it could help. An open E chord now sounds beautiful (mostly on guitars an open E chord don't sound too good to be honest) but when i reach around the 3-9 frets is not really spot on with the notes?

3. I have messed a bit with the truss rod (only tiny adjustments ofcourse), and the guitarneck is now as straight as i can get it (maybe i tiny bit too much curve backwards). Can that affect the tuning of the strings?

Do you guys have any other things i should try?