View post (Cracking the Code)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/11/2014 6:38 pm
Originally Posted by: bbzswa777I know! I'm really into the way he analyzes his technique. He might even understand Yngwie's technique better than Yngwie! (I'm kidding, kind of)[/quote]
No, that's accurate. YJM probably never broke it down in that way because it developed as a natural evolution of his own style. But another person looking at it from "the outside" would have to do something like that in order to understand & explicitly describe what seems normal to YJM.
[QUOTE=bbzswa777]
Have you actually watched the REH tape, or maybe you own it? I've been working on the first lick (the Am sweeps) for a long time now and it's finally getting pretty fast.

No, I don't own it. But I did see it when it came out. And as we discussed earlier, I learned YJM licks before the instructional vids & internet.

So, it was awesome to see it up close in a controlled setting! I realized he did some things differently than I did when I learned it. And I realized that his right hand was even more efficient than I thought. :eek: :)
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory