View post (New blues jam - Am this time)

View thread

maggior
maggior
08/22/2014 7:38 pm
Yep, right again. Looking in the G5 manual, the US Blues amp is modeled against the "crunch sound of a Fender Tweed Bassman". There is another amp called the "Deluxe-R" which is modeled after the Twin Reverb. I use that for my super clean tone. That one was easy to figure out from the name.

I'll have to feel things out regarding doing something like this with the band. I'd feel like they were my backup band...which doesn't feel right. As it is, I already have all of the solos, even though I've let it be known that anybody is welcome to one!!

If the other guitar player decided he'd want to start soloing, we could alternate solos over something like this...that would be fun.

First thing we have to do is learn a bunch more songs and tighten up the ones we already have :-).

BTW, I remixed this because listening to it I put my guitar too much in the forefront. I also duplicated the solo track, offset them a smidge, and hard panned them right and left. It gives it a bit of a stereo effect and fattens the sound up a bit. It's fun to play with some of this production/mixing stuff.