View post (Buying pick ups, and other hardware problems,)

View thread

James8831
James8831
06/01/2002 6:18 pm
Low impedance..

I can't describe quite how ..............fantastic.. the low impedance pups on my Tele sounded the first time i heard them. If you've got the body, then you still get great sustain , albeit at a lower volume. The tone still
puts a smile on my face...If you really want to boost them up to Zep/Stones levels you'll need a Stompbox (zoom,etc), or a preamp, to increase the output. Just heard Seymour's Seth Lovers - on the his website ,the man would be proud! Lower output and lovin' it!

Ed..you're most welcome..

Just had a play with a volume pot+knob and the knob "reads" the same either way round,relatively, (what you do is whack the pot open to full and then line the 10 up with your reference point) when i did this the word Volume was upside down in both cases.

I once found a site which explained all about pots and have since forgotten ..much about them.
Learned Gentlemen, kindly intercede if you will..

I know it's possible to wire them differently as i once managed to wire a pot so it was "off" in the middle and produced sounds either side :o .... that was a very funny project/scratchplate -3 [ugly] home mades, 3 vols, 2 tones no switches,very little space- after that I had my "19th Nervous Breakdown" and bought a book..so i don't have to remember too much stuff. ..Adrian Legg, Customise Your Electric Guitar, BTW.

Keep us Posted. Cheers.
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..