View post (Please for god sake help me :()

View thread

caponi14
caponi14
07/28/2014 2:18 pm
Hey guys. Please help me with this. It is very frustrating and i am very dissapointed.
I just bought my dream guitar a Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop, but there is something wrong with the G string and low E string on in. First off i want to say that the guitar is perfectly intonated and without problems other than this tuning problem.

If i tune the guitar via a tuner the low E string is not sounding as it should, unless i tune it a little lower than what the tuner says. A little more flat.
It's the same with the G string. If i tune normally it sounds good when i play open notes on the G string. But when i then fret a note, especially at the 1-4 fret, the note is sounding sharp in pitch. I checked it on my tuner, and the tuner say the notes when fretted is sharper than if i just pick the open string.. I am suspecious that the nut might be too high on the E and G string. I had it checked at a guitar shop and they told me it looked good. But can they really say that for sure just looking at it?
Please help me, what can this problem be. The guitar is totally intonated and the truss rod looks okay as well, also the frets look good and new.