View post (picking volume)

View thread

bbzswa777
bbzswa777
07/28/2014 11:23 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorFor instance, if you set up a gritty tone where the amp is right at the verge of "breaking up", you can play clean by not digging in to hard with the pick, but once you start digging in, you get a more distorted sound.

Sometimes, that "harsh tone" you describe may be what you want. Once you have control over it, you can bring it out when you think it's appropriate.

Yeah good point. I've started to use this when I want certain notes of a solo to stand out as well.

As for posting something in the Listening Section, I've been wanting to but I'm trying to wait until I have some decent recording equipment. As of now all I use is my iPad! My next purchase is going to be some kind of software and maybe a microphone with USB plug in.

By the way, I listened to your Blues in Bm post, and it's awesome. I've actually done more than listen to it, I've played along to it several times. We sound pretty good together haha! But I have trouble not repeating some of the same licks. I have about 10 go-to licks when it comes to blues that are difficult to stay away from. I've tried to actually tab out what you're playing, but my ear is not that good yet.