Now that I've heard them for myself,what was the big deal with The Beetles?Presley?.?

James8831
James8831
06/14/2002 10:34 am
"Well,well..Evr'thing's gonna be alright this mornin'.."
So sez I.

Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 1
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/17/2002 5:24 pm
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
So... you're saying...?

I'm not saying anything.
It's just an observaation.
Justt look at tthe longer threads
# 2
djskweeky
djskweeky
01/17/2005 4:50 am
I believe what kingdavid is saying is that he personally doesn't see what all the hype and media coverage etc... with Beatles and Elvis is all about. If you listen to something the Beatles played in say.. 1964 like I Want To Hold Your Hand, compared to.... Smells Like Teen Spirit... there's no comparison. I'm a huge beatles fan, however, i really like some of the stuff nirvana did. The only reason the Beatles got as good as they did is because of their long nights in hamburg. they were playing for like 10 hours a night for like 6 nights a week. they did this for like 3 or so years. they evolved musically. The hype with elvis was like someone on this post said, he got rock and roll airtime. The Beatles were revolutionary because they always wanted to make a new sound. They were the first ever to have controlled feedback, the first ever to fade IN a song, and strawberry fields was two totallly different songs by way of time signature and key, edited together. I believe they were the first ever to do a concept album (Sgt. Peppers) i could be wrong about that. Have you ever tried to play anything by the beatles? I don't know many people that can play All My Loving at the tempo lennon played it. Now, cobain in essence was the inventor of grunge and whether or not he lifted something by the beatles, well.. the beatles often lifted lines from other artists as well. For example... Run for your life lennon lifted a line from elvis' "baby let's play house" the line "well i'd rather see you dead little girl than to be with another man" So all in all.. all the artists mentioned in this post had their great moments. sorry to be so windy with this... but just my $.02.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.