View post (Now that I've heard them for myself,what was the big deal with The Beetles?Presley?.?)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
06/11/2002 12:28 pm
Originally posted by Thomyorke575
...They are thinking of the melody...

The melody is the song.So much so that,I gather,in a typical lawsuit,the Judge will nearly always rely on the melody in reaching a verdict.And as a guitarist,or musician,you would know;you and I can both play a G C D,in that order,but come up with entirely different songs.
And think of Darude's "Sandstorm".There isn't a word there,but people so love it.It's the melody.
Hack,they say all is well that ends well.I have to say you were beginning to scare me.But s'all good.
I learnt a lesson in my very first 'tricks days;the way you word a thread affects how people respond.And before anyone starts,I'm not trying to become the champion threads tarter or anything(although I'd probably do well if such a contest were to be held).I simplt want to get people to talk.There was this thread titled "GUITAR SUCKS!!!".Naturally you'd want to see why a guy registered on a guitar forum would say that,right?So I did.The content was entirely different from the title,and the thread had a nice response.So I took a lesson.
I imagine if this thread's title was "The Beatles were Gods!!",it's growth curve would be entirely different.Coz anyone knows there was something to them.Even if you wouldn't call it "god",it's there.So I called it as I did(although again,I have to admit there's an element of truth to it,but that's neither here nor there).And when you say “inflammatory” remarks about stuff that stood out/stands out,people want to come at you with the facts that prove you wrong.Some show respect while doing it.Others don’t.But in the end,the facts come out.Which is what anyone would want.
Hack is right too,Lord knows what to do with the nails head(now,is that a smart way of phrasing a cliché or whatJ).
Speaking of which;this thought also crossed me Lord(Lord,don’t let the way this sentence sounds get to your head,like you’re a king or something,J);Carl Lewis is probably more famous than Maurice Green,even though the latter has ran a faster 100 M.I’m not saying this is how it was with the Beatles,but that’s a thought one should let tip toe around in one’s head.
As for versatility,you don’t need to be told versatile is better.Even with your own guitar;you want to have an instrument that produce as many different sounds as possible,for the money you forked out.