View post (Now that I've heard them for myself,what was the big deal with The Beetles?Presley?.?)

View thread

THE_HACK_PACK
THE_HACK_PACK
06/05/2002 12:07 pm
HE certainly is a rascal ain't he.

I've been talking about these young "kids" from about the time Nirvana Changed Everything.By the time I was 23,I saw all these "kids" who became as fascinated for guitar solos about as much as we all love an Al Gore acceptance speech.So yeah,I tell these kids to listen to what they want,and I don't push any music on my students or what have.But if the art is lost it's gone.
Luckily we have this forum,where we know people want to be better musicians.We all knew,if you were a kid in the 60's,70's and 80's,that you had to really work to be a great musician,based on what we were hearing from all the talent out there.One thing everyone knew about The Beatles,even if they didn't like them was they were great musicians.But now any one who's been playing for a year has the chance to write a great song.And thats because society has allowed the music to sink to that level.
I listen to Blink 182,I like it,it's like pre-school punk with radio friendly lyrics.It's innocent,a lot like the early Beatles recordings.

Unfortunately,most of these bands like Blink and Sum 41,are NOT maturing like the Beatles did.I prefer latter days Beatles myself,from '66 on.The bands today seem to be repeating formulas that worked.So a bunch of 15 year olds see this,practice a year,figure thats all they need to know,and the music stalls 5 years down the road.These bands aren't maturing because they only reached a certain level,and stopped.

Who knows where this will lead,but at some point,one of the popular bands of today is going to release a song with a crazed insane guitar solo.I see a band like Korn in the future having a guest appearence from,Paul Gilbert say, and this shred solo will either make all the intermediate players quit out of frustration,or try to learn more.And in the process,they willl have to go back,and archive thru what happened 15-20 years prior,and they will realize it took quite an effort to play in those days,and they shall woodshed,and go forward like a army.

Preferably to firebomb MTV and every person who owns a Turn-Table!!!

[url]http://www.deadleaves.com[/url

[Edited by THE_HACK_PACK on 06-05-2002 at 07:13 AM]
CAKE or DEATH????

Ummmmmmm,Cake Please,,Oh,It's Very Nice.
-Eddie Izzard-