View post (Now that I've heard them for myself,what was the big deal with The Beetles?Presley?.?)

View thread

Blaksmith
Blaksmith
06/04/2002 11:58 am
So don't tell me about there "Never ever" being another team like
Lennon and McCartney.You haven't heard my songs.Or Mary's.You asking who's Mary?She's a
human being,that's what she is.

Um, it wasn't a personal attack, David. You are correct, I have not heard your music.

Further, why bring Mary into the equation? F.Y.I., I am not wondering who Mary is at all.

References to Bell, Ford, the Wright Brothers et al all pioneered something. I never suggested Lennon/McCartney pioneered music.

Let me clarify: In my opinion, there will NEVER, EVER be another song writing team like Lennon/McCartney.

I appreciate your opinion. I was 23 once myself. I have spent much time in the music industry and seen a whole pile of talent. I asked you to listen to the simplicity of it. The subtleties of it. The influences. It was my hope you would see the bigger picture. Remember our talk about Payola? Further, I said: Before I set a bad tone, I will ask you to listen to the simplistic magic from both.

I didn't attack your likes/dislikes, nor did I compare current artists with inventors of the past.

Now, put the remote down and step away from the T.V. Get some sleep. It sounds like you need a nap young fella.