View post (Now that I've heard them for myself,what was the big deal with The Beetles?Presley?.?)

View thread

pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
06/03/2002 5:26 am
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James8831 .60's pop addled my brain..
I think one of the stongest testimonies I can give about the Beatles is that even though I was just a little kid, songs like "All My Lovin'", Michelle, Baby's in Black, really touched me in an emotional way that music hadn't done before the Beatles, they're songs really could communicate feelings and thoughts, and they still do today even to people who weren't they're original audience, I remember singing Yellow Submarine with my kids when they were small and they loved it, my wife used to watch a TV show and when she found out that the theme song was a Beatles tune, I later found one of my Beatle tapes in her car. We have mentioned some of the music that influenced the Beatles, and I think it say's alot for they're talent to note that they weren't just a carbon copy of those infuences, but really came up with a unique style and shortly after they hit the big time alot of contemporary artists were covering they're music and trying to copy they're style.........