View post (Now that I've heard them for myself,what was the big deal with The Beetles?Presley?.?)

View thread

THE_HACK_PACK
THE_HACK_PACK
06/02/2002 11:11 am
I think people forget that it was common in the 60's for bands to release 2 to 3 albums a year,actually it was expected!! And The Beatles just kept churning them out.I read somewhere in October of '64 the billboard charts were dominated by the Beatles they had the Number 1,2,3,4 and 5 spot on the single chart.YOU WILL NEVER see this happen again.Take the Revolver album,it doesnt get that much hype as compared to Seargent Peppers and The White Album,but Revolver "ONLY" contains some "MINOR songs like "Got to Get you Into My Life","Taxman" "Eleanor Rigby" "Good Day Sunshine" "Yellow Submarine"and "Life Goes On" O-ba-dee-ahh-ba-do-life goes on-Naa ,,na na na na Life Goes On.I don't think that was even a single.
Another Point of their talent is,because Lennon,McCartney had most of the creative control,George Harrison was "ONLY" able to write 3 all-time classics,"Here Comes The Sun" "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and "Something" which was the biggest hit off of Abbey Road.Imagine if Harrison had been allowed to pen more tunes in those days,ABC would still be airing part 26 of the Beatles Anthology,lol.
I read that critics were shocked and appalled when it took The Beatles a WHOLE YEAR to record "Seargent Peeppers". Now it's commonplace for a band to wait 2 or 3 years before their next offering,thanks to the record companies.
Another Testament to their influence is the Fact that McCartney practically invented grunge with the song "Helter Skelter".If You haven't heard it,This Song is filled with abrasive,sharp,sonic distorted notes.Shrieking Vocals from McCartney.This Song signifies the grunge birth,more then any Neil Young song,which he gets most of the grunge/birth of credit.

I think I can see what the big deal was.

[Edited by THE_HACK_PACK on 06-02-2002 at 06:20 AM]
CAKE or DEATH????

Ummmmmmm,Cake Please,,Oh,It's Very Nice.
-Eddie Izzard-