View post (Back in a band)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
08/29/2014 11:28 am
Originally Posted by: maggiorThanks Kasperow! We don't plan on playing open mics forever. If you came to NJ one day, hopefully we'd have our own gig playing in a park or similar venue.

Wow, you've really got things rolling!! Good for you! Bass is one of the harder positions to fill, so it's good that you have choices. I agree that personality and musical taste compatability is more important than playing skills at this point. Having a place allocated to rehearse is big too.

Best of luck and keep us posted on where things lead.

Thanks. I'm pretty optimistic about it this time around. We may have to start out without the Bassist, since he's going on vacation for the next two weeks, but that shouldn't stop the drummer and myself from meeting, agreeing on a few songs to learn and practicing until he comes back. I'm still waiting for the drummer to find out if we can use the practice space or not. If we can, cool. If not, we'll have to look at some other options.

I'd still prefer to have a proper singer, but that's something we can find once we are playing well together. We're still only at step one: getting the band together. Step two is to build up a repertoire and step three is to start gigging. On the bright side, step two is gonna be easier. After all, with at least 5 "influences" in common, finding something we all like should be pretty possible (even if most songs require two guitars. Some can be played well enough with one, though).
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...