View post (Back in a band)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
08/04/2014 5:39 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorAny picks lighter than that are too flimsy for about anything. I used .73 (yellow) tortex picks for years and moved to the .88 (green) tortext picks within the last year. The stiffer picks give you more control, though can be more challenging to strum chords with. I swear by tortex picks - they are tough as nails and are smooth yet have a grippy surface.

Tortex picks are so tough, they were the tools I needed to pry apart my son's tablet and my daughter's iPod touch. I both cases, plastic "spudger" tools just fell apart and broke. I was shocked at the amount of force I could apply with the tortex pick and it didn't snap.

Keep us posted on your adventure!

I don't really know that much about picks, to be honest. Since I started playing, I've been using the same 0.83mm pick pretty much all the time, but these 0.6mm Picks are pretty good. I only know what they feel like, I can't tell if they really are Tortex or not... One thing's sure, though... They are pretty damn stiff for their lack of thickness! I can easily use them for somewhat fast playing (not shredding, but as fast as it gets when I improvise).

Of course, I'll keep you posted on how things work out this time. Hopefully, I'll be embarking on an adventure like your own, only without help from a music store or mentor :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...