View post (I would like your oppinion on this matter)

View thread

maggior
maggior
06/03/2014 5:55 pm
Originally Posted by: caponi14but in some strange sense i HAVE played it since i have an epiphone with the same neck profile. Ofcourse it's not the same but in a way...

I don't know what to do about this :(

and yes, im aware that there is no pickguard (i like that)

''Tobacco burst paints the back of the guitar black, so there will be no wood grain on the back of the guitar or neck''

What do you mean by this?

The color scheme of tobacco burst looks similar to desert burst. Desert burst guitars have the back painted solid opaque black, meaning you can't see any woodgrain. If you research desert burts, you'll find it's a complaint about the finish. It's hard to tell from the pictures if that's the case with this guitar.

Just one of those things you want to be sure of if you buy this guitar without ever putting your hands on it.

I understand your dilema - I recently bought a guitar (new) without ever touching it. I knew it was a roll of the dice, but all that was at risk was some dissapointment since I had a month to return it for a full refund. You don't have that luxury...

Is there a decent used guitar market in your local area? Do you think it's possible that this model and year of guitar could show up locally for you?

Something else to consider...