View post (bass cabinet porting)

View thread

James8831
James8831
05/29/2002 8:34 am
Hi pstring,

You -asking MY Advice on amplification!? i know little more than zip I'm afraid and the cab was a hasty stopgap measure.

I don't think you want to go the way i did as the speakers are mundo cheapola and will not rock your socks off. I hear
jensen and weber are about the best sort of little puppies for 10"s.

The webervst.com forum you mentioned seem very knowledgable (spl) and answered my questions promptly I gave 'em the specs and the sussed that i'd used cheap nasty speakers..

So guess what i'm gonna change..eventually..Overall i'm happy with it for 40 quid, and it improves the low end of my 10 watt Marshall which is what it was designed for - when the Paul worked it made the Marshall's speaker ..shimmy... The cab does make shettty amps sound better as i ran my 15 quid s'queer 15w into it and it made my small room vibrate..loudly.

For the box i used (Laughing Out Loud ..commence) ..a pine storage/blanket "kit" from a Large DiY chain here (15 quid) and it's approx the right volume,put hinges on the back so it can be open or closed to any degree.

For the record a marshall 1936 2x12 cab has dimensions 750mmX310mmX600mm (this is what mine's "based" on)..you can get more specs off their site.

If you search in this section the Lord recently mentioned a thread in which he goes into Cab design. I'll have to dig that out too.

i'll check out tonequest when i can...cheers.

I know less than nothing about tone rings..Tone knobs ..yes ;) Take it easy.
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..