View post (Forming a band)

View thread

maggior
maggior
04/23/2014 2:46 am
Hey Axe -

Yeah, it's fun. My Zoom G5 is awesome through the monitors...and also awesome with my new PRS Custom 24 S2 in Black Cherry. This is the most versatile guitar I've laid my hands on. Combined with my Zoom pedal, I can get Clapton sounds, Beatles sounds, Hendrix sounds...wow!! It's not a strat..but I already have one. I love the sound of both pickups - it has that throaty sound the strat has but not as over the top. Crank up the gain and oh man!!!!

I posted the video of our final performance in my "joining a band" thread. Here's a link so you don't have to go searching:
http://youtu.be/0mFsHAfLkp0

I have an American Standard 2000 strat. It is an awesome guitar. I didn't fully appreciate how good it is until I picked a few up in Guitar Center last week. There is just no comparison. I have the maple neck and fretboard. It is smooth as butter...I'm telling you. I'm sure I'll grow to really enjoy my PRS, but my strat is my first love!! Believe it or not, even with single coil pickups, it's a very versatile guitar tone-wise.

Blues is great...enjoy!!!