View post (A good acoustic guitar)

View thread

samcollins
Full Access
samcollins
Full Access
07/25/2015 5:31 pm
Originally Posted by: EdsYamaha1967After buying two guitars online aimlessly and returning them. I went to my local music/ guitar store and told the guy, "I'm an absolute beginner. I want to get a decent acoustic guitar that I can grow into for under $300.00."

He handed me the Yamaha FS700S. It cost me $199.00. I love it and I think it's an excellent beginners guitar. I looked at the reviews online and it got excellent reviews. Thats my story.

I hadn't played (and even then, poorly) in about thirty years. Considering myself an absolute beginner, I went to the music store and asked for a beginner acoustic. He showed me the Yamaha FS700s which I believe has laminate top and then the Yamaha FG700s which has a solid top for fifty bucks more (on sale $199). He played both of them and the sound was impressively richeer on the solid top, so that's what I got. BOTH of the Yamahas were very nice beginner acoustics and had a nice sound. I agree that the best way to find the guitar you're going to play and stay with is to get advice from a reliable music center. Those guys know their stuff.