View post (A good acoustic guitar)

View thread

RussSnell111
RussSnell111
04/28/2015 5:14 am
Originally Posted by: loganfraWhat are good types of acoustic guitars? Comments welcome
Logan.

Hey Loganfra!
I've seen a lot of good beginning guitars, and I've seen even more junk. I would suggest going to a music store that has good personnel that knows guitars instead of buying online. The service you get is well worth it.

I was looking to buy a low end martin when the luthier at the music Center said before you do that check out the Seagull Guitars. I did, and fell in love with them! I spent a little more, I got the performer series cutaway with electric pickup and it ran me about $730. Then I purchased an S-12 12 string guitar. It has the cedar top which is not as durable as spruce, but man, what a sound!
I would put the quality and tone of my seagulls against any guitar that costs a $1000 more, and I'll bet they both would be at least comparable, if not better. They just don't have all the sparklies and doodads the more expensive guitars have.
But you need to lay hands on many guitars and see what's best for you. Go to a store that has professional help and try several. Then go back and do it again. You'll find your baby!