View post (This might be interesting.)

View thread

TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
05/20/2002 9:59 pm
Quote: 'The Bush administration willingly entered parley with the Taliban, despite their care and feeding of wanted killer Osama bin Laden, so as to further the goals on an American petroleum interest.'

If any of you have ever seen 'The Godfather part 2' you may be familiar with the line 'My father once taught me, "keep you friends close and your enemies even closer"' That line may be part of fiction but there's a striking comparison to be made here.....who knows what other motifs Bush may have had.

One thing I was taught when I studied history was never to get 'sucked in' by one viewpoint or one set of evidence. On the surfice this seems like a logical and well thought out argument, but when a lot of it comes from things reported in newspapers you have to remember how full of **** the press can be, plus they may be biassed against the Americans and use easily-manipulated situations such as this to their advantage. There will always be theories kicked around and what you believe or disbelieve is up to you, but I believe that sometimes you can never fully prove anything, some things will always be open for debate. New evidence can emerge that sugests people who were convinced they were right are very wrong. It's important to keep an open mind.

But what the hell, Bardsly was righ, the stuff in the article was certainly worth reading.
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'