View post (Solo I've been working on...)

View thread

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
03/17/2014 4:30 am
Thanks so much for the great feedback guys!

Originally Posted by: drf46That was awesome! Beautiful tone![/QUOTE] Thanks! There's four guitars total... a Fender Strat and Gibson Les Paul Traditional splitting the strum/chords... one played with open chords, the other with barre chords, each panned to opposite sides. The "interlude" guitar part (good term Ken!) and the main lead are both the Les Paul, interlude on treble, lead spit between treble/rhythm setting. "Interlude" guitar was recorded through the DR880, the main lead through the BOSS JS10. I love the sound of that guitar!

Originally Posted by: fretsmithWhat did you use to compose that backing track? Does it automatically do a bass line or did you write that too?[/QUOTE]

So the drums and bass are from the BOSS DR880. The drums are just a set pattern with a simple fill added, the bass line I programed in myself, its a very simple, repeating bass line.

[QUOTE=maggior] It's a beautiful sunset. The top is down and the wind is blowing through their hair. They are having fun and laughing as they cruise to a destination unknown, but together...

Wow Rich, that's super cool that it brought to mind those visuals, and really close to the mark. I was indeed thinking of the Oregon Coast and the beautiful sunsets I've witnessed there. I find it amazing you got that just listening to the music! Who needs lyrics?! :)

[QUOTE=fretsmith]
I think you have a nice song about 80% finished!
Yeah, the idea is, I've been working away on developing my playing, obviously working on modes, but other stuff too. Part of my self-imposed "homework" is to come up with a chord progression (forces me to work on rhythm a bit, and not just lead) and then a lead line to go with it. I got inspired by several of the discussions on this forum while working on this solo, causing me to rework it a few times.

Right now, I'm just recording on a little four-track, which entails some bouncing. I plan to come up with a bunch of "soundtracky" ideas, and then redo them later when i get my studio set back up. I'd love to be able to offer some soundtracks to an indie filmmaker or something at some point. Lots of fun! Thanks for all the encouragement guys! I really do appreciate it!