View post (Paging markm0926)

View thread

markm0926
markm0926
03/08/2014 12:02 pm
Thanks again maggior for searching me out and showing some interest.

Unfortunately it wasn't our best gig. No cool stories, but it was a good wake up call for the whole band.

why?:
Well, our gig previous to this was in November. And from November up to this gig in February we had exactly ONE full band practice with all four of us.
We just couldn't seem to put it together for those 3 months and it showed.

So harmonies were off. I wasn't "feeling" it and had some bad notes in a few solos.
Really just overall disappointing.
But, from talking to friends that were there I am sure we were just being hard on ourselves. But I think that's what all musicians do.

But without a word said between us we have been practicing much more and have another gig coming up on 3/21 that we will be more than ready for. Practicing tonight "full band" by the way!

And another good note, we were also re-booked for July at the same place, even though we though it was our worst gig the owner was happy to re-book us.

Thanks again for the interest. I will try and use this part of the forum more to post about some things like this.

Thanks for listening
Main Gear: Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul Sig T, Martin Acoustic, Mesa 5:25+, Orange OR15, Carl Martin Quattro