View post (Late night jam...)

View thread

maggior
maggior
12/11/2013 1:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Slipin LizardMaggior, I too have had that "record button" phobia... as wacky as it sounds, it seemed like the more complicated the process to restart the recording process, the more nervous I would get, leading to more mistakes, which meant more re-takes, which made me more nervous... yaaaaaaahhhh!!!

What's seemed to help a great deal are two things: keeping the recording process simple, and recording often. Seems like the more you do it, after a while, the nerves start to fade and you can just focus on the music.

That what I figured - if you do it more often, it will become routine. If I can get into a groove like I plan, I'll be doing just that. Playing to an audience is the same way. When I played with our church choir years ago, I was a bundle of nerves in the beginning. After a few weeks, it was pretty routine.

I use Adobe Audition on my computer. The initial setup takes a little work, but once it's going, it's really easy to kick off another recording. It's also easy to keep each run through so I can compare afterwards. With the PC, you basically have an infinite number of tracks available.

When I was looking into recording equipment, I almost bought one of those 4 track tascam portastudios. It's quite a bit different from the Tascam cassette based 4 track portastudio I used to have :-). Technology in recording has come soooooo far!

I have a Tascam handheld recorder I bought to use for my daughter's piano recitals. It's come in handy for spontaneous recording.