View post (Late night jam...)

View thread

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
12/06/2013 5:04 am
Thanks Maggior! Its all done through the BOSS JS 10, including the effects. So the backing track is an MP3, and then the guitar runs through the processor section. What's nice is just being able to hit "record" (one button) and the unit records whatever is being played... backing track and any inputs. No mixing option though, so I have to gauge the guitar level.

I'd jammed with the tune earlier, and then later felt a bit inspired so I just hit record so I could listen back. To improvise, I'm basing everything off an A Minor scale. I'm not really thinking too much about positions, or chord tones. I really use my ear more than anything else, but I have practiced that scale a fair bit, so its not just the physical position that guides me, but also the sound of the scale itself. There are things that creep in... there's a tiny legato lick I did about midway, and I wasn't thinking that at all... it just came out as I was playing. I always like it when things like that happen... thanks for checking it out!