View post (Mixing Monitors Placement)

View thread

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
11/23/2013 7:19 am
Originally Posted by: Chris RadkeI was looking at the Yamaha HS50M's as I seen those brought up and talked up here

You might know this from the other thread, but that's what I have, and they sound great. I'm sure one could shop around for the "ultimate" set of monitors, but I think these are going to satisfy your needs completely, and its really nice that they are powered. For what its worth, I have used other monitor speakers, ones that were high quality and supposed to sound "good". However, they didn't have a flat response, and I much prefer the HS50M's. Its great that you're planning ahead... even drawing out a simple plan on paper can help. You really won't have to put these speakers far apart to get a nice sound for mixing... I ended just making my own extended shelf to put them one, but stands work well too. One consideration is that they are quite heavy for their size, so whatever you use, you'll need it to be strong! I didn't do too much fine tuning... I think you'll be able to find that sweet spot fairly easily. Have fun!