View post (Emotive Ballad - Improvisation)

View thread

wolbai
wolbai
11/19/2013 12:53 pm
Hi, thanks for the kind feedback !

I played Bass guitar in the 70s/80s on a semiprofessional level. Guitar was always a second instrument to me, but on a very basic level. End of the 80s I sold all of my equipment. My head/heart for music was somehow gone ... I thought :-)

But I started to make music again 3-4 years ago. I found some retro musicians and I seriously started playing guitar in a Band.

Guitatricks was one of my tools to develop and progress therefore. And I still feel myself at a very early stage.

My intension for the pickup swap was that I get more rock beefiness when needed on my Stratocaster-like guitar. A good full size humbucker in the bridge can do that. But - as mentioned - the challenge is to find an appropriate pickuck configuration which fits tonally and is volume balanced.

I can recommend the the following website for guitar backing tracks:

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/

It is free of charge website. There are a lot of playbacks. Typically more from the same song. You can choose sometimes the instruments as well. Not all are good. But for practicing purposes and free of charge this is an awesome treasure box.

Apart of that there are several high quality website where you can buy tasty playbacks. Just google. You will find them.

BTW: For the recording of "Hotel California" I have choosen a free of charge guitar playback fromguitabackingtracks.com.

Thanks dudes