View post (From Lisa to Anders)

View thread

RCB-CA-USA
RCB-CA-USA
09/23/2013 9:01 pm
Any Blackstar Amp, any Zoom mulit-effects pedal (w/ acoustic simulator) and a Dean Custom 350 Floyd will blow your mind!

The Dean is an inexpensive guitar ($299.00), but one of the absolute best guitars I've ever played. Humbuckers with a coil-tap, very touch sensitive clear or dirty sounding pickups (clean through metal, very expressive blues machine too), 25.5" scale, it's light weight but resonant. They really nailed this one. I've played many, many, many different guitars too.

Dean had/has some defects in the 350 run as do all other manufacturers have defects in runs. I went through 3 SG's before receiving one non-defective one, multiple Fender/Squier defects, Ibanez defects, ESP defects, etc., and yup...even Esteban defects (lol). So, learn how to check a guitar before going past the return period.

But a Dean 350 CF and any Blackstar amp and a zoom zoom zoom will hit the sweet spot. Add a Digitech Whammy DT for the real-time tuning feature to the signal chain and you are done!

The Floyd Rose has a steep learning curve, but once you get it down, you'll have a very stable guitar you can whammy away on.

When somebody comes up with a gizmo that locks the Floyd into a fixed bridge with a flick of the switch that is not attached to the block and or springs and does not effect the feel nor travel of the Floyd, I'll be tickled pink!

I suffered for decades till I found this combo!