View post (The Blues Face)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
05/03/2002 9:16 pm
Me and my band have a wedding gig coming up soon, and we have some news songs we've been practicing up on a lot. A lot of times we'll record a song on a tape recorder to make sure we were doing everything right (sometimes we think we sound great, but when we hear it from the audience's POV, we're like, "Damn, that sucked!"). Well, our drummer just got a new video recorder, so Tuesday we videotaped a practice session. A friend was there and he recorded each of us while we took our solos. I closed my eyes, bobbed my head to the rhythm of the song, and threw in a little gesture here and there (especially during extreme bends), but the other guitarist looked like he was getting off during his solo!!! Now we always make sure to watch his face when he solos for a good laugh.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster