View post (jam rooms and stories)

View thread

04/24/2002 8:45 pm

I watched an old tape of practice sessions I had with an old band.

I wasn't part very long, but I remember how much fun that jam room was. We were renting a small space in a building where we could jam after office hours.

The walls weren't painted so everyone who came by signed the walls!! That was so cool.

I loved the feeling of going out to practice, that was our time.

I`d like to hear about your experience and where you practiced, what was it like. Fun stories are always a blast to read.

Let me be the first. Once, one of the guitarist was really drunk and deceided to take a leak outside in the alley. One of the houses nearby had a decorative plastic cow in the garbage. Looking at the thing you could really see why they threw it away. It was the most ugly looking peice of decoration I've had ever seen. So, the guitarist goes and takes the cow out of the garbage (that thing was so dirty and stinked real bad). he runs into the room with the cow in his hand and looked at us. Then he shouted real loud "tonight we sacrifice a cow!!!!!!!". I got to say he was into slayer back then so it was all about sacrifice, lol. The next thing we know, he's on his knees and going throught his girlfriend purse looking for something. Then he takes out her bottle of red nail polish and start painting blood on the plastic cow. We were all laughing so hard, just looking at him so concentrated to paint that thing. he could barely stand still. After that he took a rope and hung the cow from the celling and passed out a couple of minutes later, too drunk to stay awake. You should a seen his face when he woke up the next morning, looking at his hands all red then seeing the plastic cow hanging from the celling. Man that was so funny.

Anyway, that was a long time ago. Fun memories... You got any?