View post (Which band or artist presented you to rock?)

View thread

BBMAC
BBMAC
01/06/2014 5:30 am
My sister was ten years older than myself (still is, weird hey!) and really groovy (that's the word people used back then,or "hip" and "far out man")...I'd heard her play a few 45's (Stones, Beatles, and ?)...but when I was around 6 yrs. old, she bought the double live album (LP) "Joe Cocker Mad Dogs and Englishman", that blew me away, 'still love it...that style of music is now making a comeback it's so good. When I was 8 yrs. old she gave me Led Zeppelin III, a Deep Purple album, Mamas and the Papas,and CCR (Willy and the Poor Boys)...ironically no one would play CCR with me in high-school, everyone wanted to play the hardest raunchiest rock, which is cool but...com'on CCR man. A few years later, the Doors "Weird scenes inside the Goldmine"...might explain a few things...
I think everyone remembers the first time they heard Eddie Van Halen play, I remember it like yesterday (wish it wasn't so long ago) around 35 years ago. I think I lost the thread...what was the question...OK 2,3, hit-it...